President: Sis. Snow ~ 1st. Counselor: Sis. Griffin ~ 2nd Counselor: Sis. Mark ~ Secretary: Sis. Pyrah

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Conference tips and tricks

It's Conference time again! 


Whether you have kids still at home, the grandkids over or have an "empty nest" - what are your tips and tricks to getting the most out of conference? 

Here's a few that have worked for my family and our young children:

1. Words lists - I create at least 4 different word lists with 6-8 words on each list. I print it out and hang it right by the TV when we watch conference. The words are key words I want them to listen for - choose the right, baptism, temple marriage, etc. 
Then I make up a bowl of  "treats" - small candies/snacks. When they hear a word - they say it and get to take 1 thing from the bowl. So if they want more than 1 Skittle they better be listening! 

2. Have paper and pen handy. I always listen to conference with pen in hand. There are so many great tid bits that strike me personally that I like to write down. Sometimes it's an answer to a prayer or inspiration to do something. I quickly jot it down so I won't forget it. 

3. Bingo - There are several printables available around the web of Conference Packets with lots of coloring sheets, games, bingo cards, etc to help keep your little ones entertained and engaged. 

4. Getting out - Once a session of conference is done I love to get moving outside before the next session begins. It's such a beautiful time of year and helps get everyone's wiggles out before we need to sit and be reverent again. 

Megan

If you have an idea to add, please leave it in the comments for everyone to read!